Thursday, November 6, 2014

Daily Dump - Home Composter

As I wrote that post on the waste management issue, I got so inspired that I bought myself a home composter. 

My new home composter...pretty also, na?
It’s a very simple process of organically decomposting your kitchen waste. And the compost is brilliant stuff for your plants. And what’s more it’s actually interesting to do.

I went to this store called ‘Shop for a Cause’, and when I got the composter, got a quick tutorial on the how of it and was leaving, this guy at the store goes ‘happy composting!!!!’, and that’s the spirit really. It made a difference all over again, that nice feeling from within you know, when you know you’re going to be doing something new, something fun, and something nice….not to speak of the learning and the growing ( pun intended )

This morning I actually found myself cutting the banana peel and crushing the egg shells into small pieces, to enable quicker decomposting, and what would otherwise be considered chores, actually had a zip to it, and became fun !

There’s an organization in Bangalore called Daily Dump, which is big time into this and also gets these pretty composters made. You can check it out...... just for the lark or maybe even get into composting yourself. Even if you yourself are not into gardening, I’m sure we all have friends who are ;).  Remember, be the change you want to see in the world?

Ok, I’ll be nicer……if you want I can even have it home delivered to you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment